Monday, August 26, 2013

Sick Meeting Syndrome

Have you ever come out of a large meeting with a headache and wondered why?  I know why because I'm like the canary in a mine, I have Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS).  

Each person usually has at least six scents from soap, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, detergent, and fabric softener.  Each of these scents comes with toxins, some of which may be on the toxic waste list. If you multiply six times 100 people in a closed in environment (meeting room) then it's no wonder you may have a headache.

For someone with MCS a bad headache may be only one result of attending a large meeting.  Usually I also have an irregular heart beat, nausea, and dizziness.  Hopefully it will never occur but I'd hate my death certificate to say I died due to an irregular heartbeat from attending a meeting.  Funny as that is, it could happen.  For me even attending a small meeting wearing a mask can be hazardous.  

Do yourself and your family a favor and think about the toxins you're exposing them to with your choices of products.  If you experience even mild symptoms such as I described, wear a mask to meetings.  People will think you're protecting them from your cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment